Segars Engineering is a fast-growing design firm headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia. The firm is focused on providing engineered solutions to a growing list of well-known industrial clients. Our motto is “See it. Solve it!” because we believe that seeing the problem is the first step towards a solution.
Segars Engineering is looking for an experienced, licensed Structural/Civil Engineer for our Charlottesville, VA office. The winning candidate should have BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited school plus 5-10 years of related experience. An MS in Structural engineering is preferred, but not required. Exposure to both civil and structural work is a plus, as is project, construction and/or personnel management experience. Client interaction and business development are routine aspects of the job. Stock ownership and partnership opportunities exist for employees who demonstrate excellence and long term commitment to the company.
The ideal candidate would have the following capabilities:
- Able to manage projects in the field or office and a desire to excel at identifying problems and solutions in a light or heavy industrial environment.
- Experience with designing structures from roof to foundations.
- Experience with creating and editing structural and civil drawings. Able to read architectural, piping and equipment drawings.
- Skilled at data collection, analysis and optimizing structures to improve overall performance.
- The ability to lead a design team, ensuring that all project success criteria are met.
- Experience managing and interfacing with construction contractors.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit and RISA 3D modeling programs.
- Familiarity with capital project feasibility studies, budgetary estimates and alternatives analysis.
- Able to provide engineering oversight from concept to completion.
- Able to manage scheduling, invoicing, cost control and closeout of projects.
- Maintaining continuing education, advancing, and evaluating new civil and structural technologies.
- Able to reduce complex problems to a simple set of solutions.
- Able to communicate technical and business information effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Able to coach, develop, and mentor direct reports of all experience levels.
- Professional Engineer’s License or able to sit for exam in 2 years or less.
- BS in Civil/Structural Engineering with 5-10 years experience.
- Masters desired.
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Revit and RISA 3D modeling desired.
- Physical ability to climb stairs, ladders and navigate equipment platforms.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.